Subject: Online Resources for Teachers and Librarians from DPW
From: Dina Sherman, School & Library Marketing Director,Disney Publishing Worldwide
This is a scary and chaotic time, and we know many of you are looking for resources and tools to help your students and patrons while your schools and libraries are closed. We have a number of free digital resources available on our website, and elsewhere around the internet, that you should feel free to use and share.
Online Teacher’s Guides – resources tied to Common Core and SEL standards that can be used to teach students ranging in age from 3-12, depending on the title
Disney Publishing Worldwide Learning Magazine Microsite – teacher’s guides and Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) activities available for download
DisneyBooks YouTube Channel – author interviews, book trailers, and fun videos
Also visit individual book pages on https://books.disney.com/ to find downloadable activity sheets like this one for We Don’t Eat Our Classmates. Make sure to check https://books.disney.com/teachers-librarians/ regularly for more updates!
You can also check out these sites for more from some of our authors:
Rick Riordan/Rick Riordan Presents:
· Read Riordan – articles and quizzes about all of Rick’s books and the books in the Rick Riordan Presents imprint
· Read Riordan YouTube channel – book trailers, interviews, and fun videos
· Pigeon Presents – videos, activities, teacher’s guides, and more
· Lunch Doodles with Mo – join Mo in his studio every day for the next few weeks. New episodes will be posted each weekday at 1:00 p.m. ET and then remain online to be streamed afterwards.
· Mo has also given short-term permission for teachers and librarians to use his books for virtual storytimes while schools are closed. Details here: https://twitter.com/The_Pigeon/status/1239237352935116801?s=20