Governor Andrew M. Cuomo has announced new guidelines allowing out-of-state travelers to New York to “test out” of the mandatory 14-day quarantine. Travelers from states that are contiguous with New York will continue to be exempt from the travel advisory; however covered travelers must continue to fill out the Traveler Health Form. Essential workers will continue to be exempt as well. The new protocol is effective Wednesday, November 4.
For any traveler to New York State from out of state, exempting the contiguous states, the new guidelines for travelers to test-out of the mandatory 14-day quarantine are below:
- For travelers who were in another state for more than 24 hours:
- Travelers must obtain a test within three days of departure from that state.
- The traveler must, upon arrival in New York, quarantine for three days.
- On day 4 of their quarantine, the traveler must obtain another COVID test. If both tests comes back negative, the traveler may exit quarantine early upon receipt of the second negative diagnostic test.
- For travelers who were in another state for less than 24 hours:
- The traveler does not need a test prior to their departure from the other state, and does not need to quarantine upon arrival in New York State.
- However, the traveler must fill out our traveler form upon entry into New York State, and take a COVID diagnostic test 4 days after their arrival in New York.
Local health departments will validate tests, if necessary, and if a test comes back positive, will issue isolation orders and initiate contact tracing. The local health department must make contact with the state the traveler came from, to ensure contact tracing proceeds there as well. All travelers must continue to fill out our traveler form upon arrival into New York State to contribute to New York State’s robust contact tracing program.
The travel guidelines require all New Yorkers, as well as those visiting from out of state, to take personal responsibility for compliance in the best interest of public health and safety.
In another step closer to normal operations, charging of overdue fines returns on October 5th. Items already in quarantine as of that time are excluded. There will be 4 free days given to allow for the quarantine time going forward.
$60/day or $275/week for non-members
$50/day or $225/week for memners
The Schoharie Free Library is searching for an outgoing, friendly person with a Master of Library Science degree to fill the position of Library Director, due to the retirement of the current Director. The Board of Trustees created a search committee comprised of Board and community members who helped us to develop a job description, and will also aid in the interview and selection process. For more details, go to Director’s Position Description. If interested, please send a copy of your
resume and the names & contact information of three professional references to Patricia Clancy, President Board of Trustees at email@example.com.